Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Take a Pill

As many of you know, I am a sleep walker. A horrible sleep walker. I remember when I was 8 at a Boy Scout canoe trip. We were on the adventure of a life time, canoeing down the Yellow River. I believe it was a whole week in the woods. Incredible! I woke up one night terrified. Apparently while we were sleeping the water rose and quickly reached the edge of our tent. Before I could do anyhting about it, the current sucked us into the river. My only response was to grab my paddle and well, paddle screaming as our tent twisted around the river banks. I woke up after hours of paddling to 20 or more flashlights in my face awith my scout leader shaking me, "Kenny are you okay." Yep a big dream! I have 10,000 stories just like that. Just ask Dana how many times I have rescued her from spiders and snakes that hide under her pillow. I ran out of sleeping pills 7 nights ago, so the last few nights have been horrible. I took a pill Monday night and woke up this morning thinking I was born again. Of all the nights that I worry about Dana, tonight is the night. Dana and Bryan are tent camping off the road they have been traveling on the past 12 hours. Please pray for them. These last 4 days of travel are going to be very dificult. Nathan and Kerri Locklar ate dinner tonight with us. They brought Nachos, and they didn't know it was Taco Tuesday! The boys have been amazing! I just finished a biography on William Wilberforce, the movie "Amazing Grace" was about him. Incredible man. Tonight, well, I plan on doing some reading, a lot of praying and taking a pill! Shalom.

1 comment:

Robbie&Jamie said...

Man, just put a little something in my sippy cup. I'm scared to death of pills. Needles, I'm fine with, but pills-no thank you. Not the kind that make you sleep, anyway. On another note, we continue to pray for D & B. Hopefully, you will hear from them today. What KOA campground were they at again? We'll try and track them online. Let us know when they make contact again. I'm out. RLB