Thursday, June 5, 2008

The Finish Line

I haven't ran in two days. It is killing me! I hope to get a good long run in tomorrow. There is a tendency on my part to set unrealistic goals for myself. It didn't help reading "Ultra Marathon Man" after the recommendation of Chris (thanks alot). No, it was a great book. I just had no idea really what the human body was capable of. My goal would be a marathon a week for the rest of my life. Sounds like an unattainable goal, but there are people that run a marathon a day, for 50 days straight and longer. That is insane!

Philippians 1:6 says, "being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ."

God has a plan for me. He started it and He will finish it. My plan for my life pails in comparison to His thoughts and plans. I can have confidence in Him, His work and the final product.

2 comments:

Robbie&Jamie said...

What up Kenny?
You know how I am always following the latest "miracle" or "unbeliev-able story", well Mr. Oscar Pistorius may just take the prize!
Just googlehis name and check out his story. Talking about suiting up in armor(Ephesians6:10-19), this
guy isn't looking backwards, unless
he wants to see who is chasing him.
To give you a little insight, this guy has "no legs" below the knee. Check that, he has some sort of advanced "Star Wars" spacecraft metal legs, yet he has a real good chance of making the South African Olympic team in '08. If not in '08
in 2012 he is sure of making it. No, I'm not talking about the Special Olympics, this guy is running against people with "2 normal legs", whatever that is supposed to mean. Anyway, I am con-tinuously amazed by these stories of people overcoming and trudging forward, even though "the world" says that they'll never do it. Hey Brother, I am constantly encouraged by you and your family's
willingness to "serve" and "go", regardless of the inconvenience. While most of the world would think
that Dana should be at home, especially with an almost "2" year old at home. What are you guys thinking? You've been to Costa Rica! Why do you need to go back?
Oh, that's right, our plans and ideas pale, and are just plain ridiculous, in comparison to GOD's.
We love you guys and pray for you regularly. Keep "Walking the Walk"
brother, and running the race..RLB

Dana said...

I love you! Don't go crazy with the running! I need you healthy when i get back! I probably won't let you out of my sigh until camp! Love you