Saturday, June 7, 2008

A Day Full Of Suprises!!

What a day! Today is Deven's Birthday. BIG 11! It is hard to believe time has flown by this fast. I hope the next 11 are a little slower. I knew it was going to be a little akward with Dana not being here. We had a moment but recovered quickly. After my walk this morning I came home and prepared to get the kids ready for an early morning swim. I grabbed Ayden and began taking his pajamas off when I noticed he obviously had a blow out. Let's just say it looked like he took a bath in poo. It was everywhere! I rinsed him off in the yard with hose and we swam for a while. I took him inside and told him to go lay down so I could get a diaper on him. He ran inside and grabbed the leg of his high chair and peed on it. Unfortunately it was on the carpet! Ladarius came over, swam and ate hamburgers and ice cream with us. Sharon and Chris came over to celebrate with us. Sharon made some incredible brownies! We had a great time. The best suprise of the day was Dana called. ALl seems to be well. Over 3,000 came to the Jesus film. She said, time will tell as to what happened. Apparently the crowd got a little out of hand but they are safe. No troubles. Tonight we are eating at Miguel and Nancy's house...pot roast, mmm-mmm. Hopefully, no more suprises unless its Dana. calling

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You absolutely crack me up Ken! I can see it...you spraying your 2 yr. old down with the hose and going skinny dipping in the pool. How funny! And then, he peed on his chair. Josh and I really got a kick out of that!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEVAN!

We've enjoyed reading Dana's blog and continue to pray for her's and Bryan's time there.

We love and miss you guys.

Jules said...

That's too funny!! You are such a resourceful dad...I think every dad should have his kids a couple of weeks while their mom is gone out of the country! Not much longer...it is count down time til they come home! I will see you in a few hours! Jules

Tiffy's World said...

Ken- I couldn't help but laugh this reminded me of watching Full House as a kid with Joey and Jessy they had Michelle and put her in the sink and used tongs to take her diaper off and sprayed her in the sink. I can just picture you doing this. I would have loved to see his face then.
Just like Dana and Bryan will have moments they will never forget, in a totally different way so will you and the boys. Keep hanging in there---I am praying for ya'll.